Quick summary of yesterday's meeting and rally:
- Thanks to May Rico from Haven Women's Center for co-sponsoring the Planned Parenthood rally, and for sharing your passion for advocacy with the group. We are grateful for you!
- Pedro Elias from Public Affairs for Planned Parenthood Mar Monte fired up the crowd (and made me blush). I have known Pedro for more than a decade, and it was nice to see him in our part of the Valley. He's such a strong supporter for health care access and women's rights.
- Tim Robertson invited us to participate in a Town Hall in support of the ACA happenign this coming Wednesday. The link is here: http://fight4ourhealth.org/events/02152017-modesto/
- It was also great to have Michael Eggman participate in the meeting and rally.
- Blankets and bedding were collected for World Relief, a Modesto organization that assists in the transition to the Central Valley for refugees. They could always use additional donations or volunteers. Their phone number is (209) 491-2712 Ext 106.
- Come to the Town Hall on Wednesday. Information listed above.
- Go to Denham's mobile office hours. You can find the dates here. We'll be posting coordinated efforts to link people to these dates ASAP. https://denham.house.gov/serv…/mobile-district-office-hours/
- Join us at Denham's Modesto office on 2/21 for another rally in support of Planned Parenthood. Details to come ASAP.
- An "Ides of Trump" postcard party will be happening in the first part of March. Stay tuned for details.
- The next Stanislaus Resistance conference call will be scheduled and posted in the next few days.
- The next Democratic Women's Club meeting will be Saturday, March 11th at Denny's from 11-1.
Other things coming soon:
- A website for Stanislaus Resistance to include a calendar of events, speaking points/scripts for hot topics, and more!
- Info on the upcoming March for Science and the Release Your Tax Return march.